Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Night Before the Flight

Wesley and I are at my parents house packing, when I see on my flight confirmation that it's recommended to check on your flight 72 hours in advanced.  I, being the worrier that I am, ask Wesley to call and check, just to be sure.

When he gets off the phone he just says "Well that's not good."  Naturally, my heart sinks.

We find out that Airfare.com (the site we bought my ticket from) received an email from a Lillian White (my great grandmother and also the woman who's credit card we used to buy the plane ticket) telling them to CANCEL the ticket. CANCEL IT.

My fist thought is that there's a hacker, or even "GG doesn't want me to go! She's trying to keep me here!"

My mom calls her at 10:00 at night, and she tells us that she received two emails and thought she was being charged twice, so she sent one of them an email telling them to cancel that "second" ticket.

It sounds to me like GG needs to spend a little more time on the internet.

We spend 2 hours calling every person that could potentially fix the problem for us and get us the plane ticket back, (for the record, I do not recommend every using Airfare.com. They're rude.) only to find out that we will just have to buy another ticket.  ON THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FLIGHT.

So we decide to go ahead and just use the jerk Airfare.com people to buy the plane ticket again (let it be noted that we only used Airfare.com in the first place because the Polish airlines we were travelling on didn't take Discover and Airfare.com figured it out for us.  So at first we thought they were cool. Wrong.)  but the tickets were now 2,000 dollars!  My uncle's Mastercard on Expedia.com is the only other option, but we have to wait until morning. The only real problem is that we can fly from Chicago to Krakow together, but once we get there he gets on a flight from there to Belgium and that flight is full, so I have to go by myself on a flight to Warsaw and then to Belgium.  So of course we hardly sleep that night.

Don't worry, GG, we still love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment